Lightstick Sizes



It is also interesting to note that lightsticks come in various sizes. The newbie Kpop fan in me have first believed that there is a universal size for each one and that they only vary in the design and color. How wrong I was. What was funnier was that I only learned of such fact of life on the second Kpop concert that I have attended. I may have looked like a loon then because I remember the feeling of also wanting to have a lightstick with a size just like the ones I saw.

Well, to avoid that  foolish feeling ever again, and help other Kpop fans out there who'll be attending their first real Kpop concerts and also refresh the memory banks of those Kpop fans for the years, here is a list of the different sizes (or more appropriately, lengths) of Kpop Lightsticks available in the market. Also included are various reasons to help you decide on which type of lightstick you'll buy.


1. Small ( 4-7 inches)

These are the most common, and probably the cheapest of all. These lightsticks vary from between 4 to 7 inches in length and are usually TUBE lightsticks. This means that the small lightsticks do not have the logo or image found at the end of the stick. Typically, it will just be the fandom color and the group's name printed on the side of the tube.

Personally, I think that this is the most convenient, safest, and most affordable. It is safe because, it does not have chance to break despite ones constant or rapid movements during concerts. 



2. Medium (7-12/14 inches)

As the category name implies, the second lightstick size are the medium ones which the lengths range from 7 to 14 inches, or almost a foot. Typically, the medium sized lightsticks come with the lightweight fiberglass logo/image/name of the group or bias on one end of the stick.  Most official lightsticks come in these sizes. These lightsticks also are pricier.

Medium length lightsticks are recommended for moderately behaved concert goers or for concerts that will typically not have you screaming and waving your lightstick around. Primarily because there is a higher risk for the lightstick to get destroyed as the concert progresses. There is also a higher chance of injuring other while you frantically jump and scream as your bias performs that HT! ;P



3. Super Long ( 12 inches to 1 meter)

Yes, yes, you are asking why would anyone bring a one meter stick. Ha! I asked the same question too. When I attended my second Kpop concert, I was at awe at the lightsticks, er no, lightsabers. I felt that I could get stabbed anytime soon if I utter a single word (well, obviously an exaggeration hihi). The lightsabers' effect on the concert hall was undeniable. It exemplified a giant, owning feeling. But more-so  I was hoping to get one of those at that time. The lightsabers seemed cool and of course, your Bias will surely notice you brandishing a slick lightsaber. Ha!

But lo and behold, there are also disadvantages of having one.  First, you might not be able to get into the concert venue in the first place. Most concerts halls or venues do not allow deadly weapons, I mean, they limit the size/length of allowable items in the venue. Second, you might hurt someone if you are waving your sword too far.

Well, maybe, lightsabers can also be advantageous if used a light beacon. Your fellow fandom friend will never loose you in the dark crowd as long as your saber doesn't lose light.



So, have you decided? Which lightstick are you getting? I really want to get one with a personalized bias name on top of the lightstick. But knowing myself who can't keep still for a second even at the start of a concert's VCR, I know I'll just be getting small-sized Tube Lightstick for now. Perhaps I'll get a medium one for a fan meeting.

Choose well ^^

No comments:

Post a Comment